Road and rail transport

The Railway Bridge in Kowary

In the second half of the XIX century it was expected that the plans concerning the creation of the railway lines in Silesia will recover the economy of the region. On 15th May 1882 a section of the railway line leading from Jelenia Góra to Kowary was opened. It was a branch of the Silesian Mountain Railway leading from Gorlitz to Wałbrzych. An extension of the section from Kowary to Kamienna Góra, which was accomplished in 1905, was to become the alternative connection of the line between Jelenia Góra and the developing Kamienna Góra and then to Lubawka...

The Railway Bridge over the Pilchowickie Lake and the Railway Station Pilchowice Zapora

After the catastrophic flood, which happened in 1897, Professor Doctor of Engineering Otto Intze from Aachen (Akwizgran) prepared the complex project associated with the creation of dams, lakes and reservoirs on the Bóbr River and the other rivers located in the Sudety region. The Silesian Sejm ratified the so-called anti-flood legislation in 1900 and two years later, the first construction works were started in the Bóbr River valley. Next to Pilchowice, it was planned to build the biggest stone and concrete dam in Europe...

The railway Bridges in Janowice Wielkie

The railway line to Jelenia Góra was accessible from two directions: from Gorlitz (the line was finished on 20th August 1866) and from Wrocław (the line was finished on 15th August 1867). The planned section was to be a part of the railway line between Berlin and Vienna. Furthermore, it was to contribute towards the development of the textile and extractive industries in the areas of Wałbrzych, Jelenia Góra and Kamienna Góra (strictly associated with the railway line branch creation)...