Light industry constructions

The Museum of the Silesian Weaving – Kamienna Góra.

The museum of the Silesian Weaving in Kamienna Góra is the only weaving orientated museum in Poland. It is located in a tenement situated in the town centre and dates back to the XVI century. Futhermore, it was thoroughly rebuilt many times and nowadays resembles the classical style. In 1774 the Fisher family, who were an important tradesmen and flax producers, became its owners. Between 1917 and 1932 the tenement belonged to the Masonic Lodge and in 1939 there was a regional museum opened there by the town’s authorities...

The Museum, the Textile Factory Jilemnice, Zámecká 75

The museum in Jilemnice was opened as the Krkonoše Mountains Museum in 1891 in connection with preparations for the participation of the people of Jilemnice in the Czech-Slavonic Ethnography Fair in Prague. A collection of exhibits was created and was placed in Dvorana and later the ground floor of the old town hall thanks to Jáchym Metelka, headmaster of the school for girls in Jilemnice. The museum was moved to Jilemnice chateau in 1954 and is promoted by the Krkonoše National Park Administration...

The Piano Making, Česká Lípa, Hrnčířská Street

The Czech border area was famous for its production of musical instruments. For example, successful organ makers were born and worked in the Česká Lípa area, one of the greatest Baroque maestros being David Sieber. He was followed at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries by Heinrich Schiffner. Among the most successful piano makers here was Gustav Rössler, whose company works under the name to this day. The Rössler Company was founded in Žandov in 1878, moving one year later to Horní Police, from where it was possible to distribute parts by rail. Production focused on small instruments and elegant shapes...