Light industry constructions

The Sawmill, Černousy 62

One of the largest factories in the Černousy area was built by timber-processing company Christoph & Unmack, which was founded in Copenhagen in 1882. It specialised in the construction of mobile structures in line with the patent of Danish cavalry captain Doecker. The plant was transferred to the Silesian Nisla in 1882. In 1891, however, production in the small village of Boleslav u Černous was registered at the commercial court in Liberec...

The Technolen, Lomnice nad Popelkou, Šlechtova 860

A prominent place in the history of the textile industry in Lomnice nad Popelkou and in the Podkrkonoší area as a whole belongs to the Šlechta family, which in 1725 laid the foundations of the local flax industry. The history of building number 860 in Šlechtova Street dates back to 1910, when one of the children of company founder of P. A. Šlechta & Son, Bedřich Šlechta, tapped the foundation stone of a modern, mechanised weaving mill. The company of his ancestors grew successfully and the production space in the “Rough House”, today’s town museum, were no longer sufficient for the development of production...

The Textile Factory – Calico Works, Česká Lípa, U kartounky 38

A calico printworks from the beginning of the 19th century, opened by Franz de Paula Elbel, is found to the south-east of the town centre on the Česká Lípa bypass between U kartounky and U Ploučnice streets. The North Bohemia border area became the main area for the development of textile production, such as woollen cloth and linen manufacture, at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries...