Light industry constructions

The Textile Factory – Finishing Shop, Háje nad Jizerou no. 22

A view of the centre of Háje nad Jizerou is practically the same as it would have been in the 19th century, when a textile factory was built here. It was built on the left bank of the River Jizera in 1883 and 1884 by Franz Gerl, one-time manager of Linke & Stupme cotton bleaches in Jablonec nad Jizerou. After his death in 1896 his son, Alwin Gerl, was able to modernise the plant and expand it to take in a dye-works and fabric finishing shop. Giving fabrics, for example dresses, a sheen was done using electrically-driven machinery from 1906 onwards...

The Textile factory – Nové Město pod Smrkem, Frýdlantská 422

The most prominent person in the textile industry in Nové Město pod Smrkem was Ignaz Klinger, who began as the foreman of the Blumrich textile plant in Frýdlant for the Horní Řasnice area. His based his own success in Nové Město pod Smrkem after going it alone in 1839, opening a factory by today’s 1/29 road to Frýdlant v Čechách in 1862. At the beginning he used and collected for subsequent alteration homemade, hand-weaved woollen fabrics. He then installed mechanical weaving looms at the newly-built factory in 1868...

The Textile factory, Chrastava, Frýdlantská 80

The 19th century was a time of major change in Chrastava. It was a time when the small town gradually became an important centre of industry.The first factory was built in 1815, the first Pollack textile plant. Other factories followed, mostly spinning factories and weaving mills. Ignaz Klinger from Nové Město then expanded the original Kasper weaving mill at the beginning of the 20th century, turning it into a textile complex for the production of woollen goods...